Past Transgressions

Friday, July 14, 2023

Hush

Hush, little baby, don’t you cry,
Bear with us, as we give it a try.

I’m, but an idiot, just trying to be sane,

I can’t even feel a fraction of your pain.

My heart stops too, just to see you wail,

And yet I can’t afford to quit and bail.

I see you try hard to cling on to hope, 

While all they do around you, is weep and mope.

The needles and tubes, they hurt I know,

But all we’re trying is to save you so.

Though your tiny soul can’t take so much,

It’s only our way of a loving touch.

And I see you writhe in much despair,

As your tiny little lungs hunger for air. 

Baby you’re so brave and fight so tough,

Makes me wonder if we did enough.

I know you’re tired and so you sleep,

And you leave us with an angst so deep.

So hush little baby don’t you cry,

I’m ever so sorry, in our arms you die.

No comments:

Post a Comment