Past Transgressions

Saturday, April 16, 2011

LOVE THAT WANED

"Love That Waned " talks about a couple who after some few years in marriage have drifted away from each other. What went wrong? What goes wrong in relationships? Were they made for each other to begin with or did life happen after the era of infatuation faded? Did they jump into a relationship too soon and now realize that this was not what they had signed up for? I do wish all the readers to have a successful relationship. I also plead you all to not let differences come into the way of your relationship and at least try to remember what your partner made you feel like when you first started going out.




Often when we share an umbrella
I find it inclined more towards you,
You see not the rain pouring on me
Tapping my shoulders,leaving it drenched.
Like you notice not the tears
Which stream down my cheeks and leave it reddened.
You are ignorant of those sleepless nights I spent
For you pulled the sheets towards you leaving me cold
And crumbled it all beneath your form.
The way our bodies lie in dissonance
With me wide awake and your back watching me gaze.

Almost always,no always its me who should attend
The needs of our daughter,quietening her wails,
Nurse her fever when you count your snores.
Things have taken priority, rather than people
In your life. You have moved on far ahead
Without even turning to check if I caught up.
You rebuke me for my trivial flaws
Like you were born not to err.
You've forgotten all the marriage vows you took
Swearing to be with me through thick and through thin,
Your spurious self wants no more from me
And so you leave me desolate and broken.
I am not alone but you make me lonely,confined to unseen domains
With no one to turn to as you were my sole company.

And to look back is a pain, the times so sweet
Now drive a thorn into my flesh.
I have missed your loving looks, the warm touch,
Kisses more soothing than April buds.
But mostly I miss the way, you and I used to be "we"
I long to have you in the backward past,
And I'd give anything to meet you
As the person I knew and fell in love.
Now I sleep with a stranger, mask over masks.
Or was it then you masked to veil your vile self?
Whoever you are, pay heed to what I say
I'd rather die a thousand deaths, and die loved
Than to live and talk of a love that waned.

1 comment: