Past Transgressions

Saturday, April 23, 2011

LONELY AGAIN

The rain sounds sad on the lonely roof,
Washing my tears down the drain,
The cold fire doesn't warm my heart.
It's fall, and I'm lonely again.

Once bitten, twice shy
But what do you call this umpteenth disdain?
Burning down dreams once woven together,
Scrubbing off memories, I'm lonely again.

Each breath is exasperating,
More painful than the mothers of pain,
Is this coincidence? Or my folly repeated?
The heart keeps on beating, but it's lonely again.

Of love filled hours and mirthful days,
Pondering if it went in vain.
To tread the path that once it trod,
The heart forsakes and is lonely again.

If it had the choice to choose again,
Would it refuse loneliness for pain?
For whether it chooses to beat or not,
The heart will never be lonely again.

No comments:

Post a Comment