Past Transgressions

Saturday, April 16, 2011

THE ALLEVIATOR

Hi, remember me?
We met a decade ago,
When the tiff with your wife
Led you to the bar.
You seemed reluctant but you accepted me,
I gave solace to your grief stricken soul,
I made your wife look prettier.
I introduced you to my other acquaintances.
How's your little boy? He owes me his existence!
I am sorry I got you behind bars,
But trust me I meant no harm.
Ah! It's no use reminding you,
Cause you forget me the morning after.
You had the best times of your life with me,
Alas,you remember them not.
Yeah, I lull you sometimes but often I'm your balls,
Who else would make you fight with your friends?
Or make you jump that ten feet wall?
It's disheartening I caused your Uncle's death,
But he wanted no more from life.
I make no false pretenses, nor do I lie,
Alleviating thousand sorrows till six feet under you lie.
Often in my presence you become garrulous,
Your mother says I make you lose your discernment,
I am sorry dude, your family hates me,
We must meet somewhere else.
 When you are sad or feeling blue,
Lean on me and take my hand,
Momentarily though, forget for a while,
The pain, the suffering and the struggling vile.
 Or when you're cold, come feel my warmth,
With your friends or in solitude,
I will be there for you.
I won't let you age, though I make you fall,
Packed, signed and delivered,
Yours truly- Alcohol!

No comments:

Post a Comment